Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Love is Not in the Air, Yet...

Valentine's Day is just a few days away. And because Hallmark says so, love and affection (and overpriced, underyummy meals) become the focus for 24 hours. So why not dump off some negativity in the form of a list. You may notice I left the "S word" off completely. I don't even want to think about the impending forecast, salt (unless it's on a margarita rim) or not hearing the beautiful music of the last schoolbus pulling away at 8:26am.

Here they are, six pretty unimportant things that might be preventing me from embracing Valentine's Day:
  1. when i have to type using uppercase letters. i even spell my name (in real life) with all lowercase. lazy, yes. but do i type faster than you? probably. 
  2. when you thank someone and they reply "not a problem". it totally diminishes the sentiment.
  3. when i go to wash my hands at a sink with an automatic faucet and it doesn't turn on. i wonder if i'm actually invisible. luckily frantic waving and cursing seems to get it running.
  4. when i'm driving down the road minding my own beeswax and someone on a side street suddenly cuts in front of me. without exception there are never ANY cars behind me. why???
  5. when sponge bob speaks
  6. when someone says "should have went" or "should have came". nails on the chalkboard to this journalism major. 
so, now that i've vented and typed most of an email without caps, i do feel a little better. will i be cutting out little paper hearts or baking cupcakes for friday? of course not, but i'll definitely be digging into whatever treats my husband brings home for all the girls in his life. i might be a little lackluster when it comes to this holiday, but i'm no fool.

No comments:

Post a Comment