Sunday, March 9, 2014

Quiz: Do Kids Make Terrible Roommates?

Yesterday morning, I found a hairbrush, one Homer Simpson slipper and a tube of toothpaste in our bed. When I told my husband, he matter-of-factly declared, "Kids make shitty roommates." Damn that's profound. Almost too simple. The synapses started firing. But perspective is everything. That's why I'm turning that frown upside down and offering a little quiz.

Ten reasons living with kids is so awesome. 

True or false? Give yourself one point for each sentence with which you agree.

  1. It's totes adorbs how they think my things are also their things. Bonus point when said things are not returned.
  2. The "let's leave the empty popsicle box in the freezer" game is still a hoot after all these years. Bonus point if they blame a sibling.
  3. Sharing bath towels (even though we have plenty of clean ones nearby) is so endearing and sanitary. Bonus point if I find mine on the floor.
  4. I'm living the Vic Tayback dream and honing my short-order cook prowess. Bonus point if they are miraculously full by the time I put the waffle, grilled cheese or chimichanga on the table.
  5. It's shrewd to test the durability of a fresh manicure on a day-old smoothie-encrusted glass. Bonus point if they left the blender unsoaked as well.
  6. It's incredibly charming when I get my iPad back and it's dead. Bonus point if I had to go on a late night scavenger hunt to find it. 
  7. It's been a while, but I still can't underestimate the value of a good science lesson; particularly if it involves a sippy cup full of milk turning into yogurt under the seat of your car. Bonus point for having to sell that vehicle for that reason.
  8. I just adore the sound of my own voice and find repeating things to be sheer merriment. Bonus point if you use your kid's given name. Extra bonus point for including the last name.
  9. Despite their continued efforts I still don't see the Rorschach in the toothpaste phlegm they carefully arrange in my sink. But I won't give up. Bonus point for color.
  10. I've come to derive true satisfaction from washing clothes that aren't really dirty. Bonus point if they haven't been worn at all.
Out of a possible 21 -- how'd you score? Did anyone else get the bonus point for #7?



No comments:

Post a Comment