Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Writing the Wrongs: Ordering Like "Sally" in a New World

No one cooks less than I do. Ok, I have no scientific proof, but this summer I've really hit an all time low. The cards were/are stacked against me and I'm playing it to my full benefit:
  • four foster puppies in the house
  • a husband who travels for work
  • a daughter who had a leg injury and was on crutches
  • a total lack of motivation, creativity and culinary skill on my part
The upside of this is that I consider myself a bit of an expert on one thing: eating out. Which leads me to one of my greatest pet peeves. 

When did all the waiters and waitresses of the world stop writing down our freakin' orders. I can only assume they try to memorize it to look impressive, but frankly it just stresses me out. And it doesn't matter if you have a table of two or six -- nothing seems to motivate them to jot it down. I often request they do, realizing how condescending I must sound and subsequently fearing all meal there's a giant lugey that found it's way into my Caesar. However, I'm absolutely positive they won't remember to hold the croutons, add extra anchovies, top with shrimp (blackened, not grilled), and dressing on the side (natch). Would it really kill them to write it down and get it right from the start? Now that would impress me.

What makes you nuts?

Here's a tip: Write it down and you'll likely get 20%+!




No comments:

Post a Comment